Import Leads and Contacts from Salesforce or Through our API to leverage Apollo for your Inbound Sales Process
You can leverage the same Apollo Lead Enrichment, Sequences, Insights, and more for your (inbound) leads from any source, in addition to the outbound prospects you get from us! Whether you're managing your Inbound Contacts in a CRM or have lists from various marketing efforts, there's a couple of simple ways to bulk import them to Apollo.
Import Directly from Salesforce Views
1. Make sure you've linked your Salesforce account in your Apollo Settings
2. In your Salesforce account, go to "Leads" or "Contacts" (they work the same)
3. Select any "View" you've already made from the dropdown and press "Go!" or click "Create New View" next to the dropdown (if you want to define new groups to import to Apollo)
* If you "Create (a) New View", specify the kinds of Leads you want to export to Apollo and click "Save"
4. If you've installed the Apollo Chrome Extension (and you're logged in to Apollo in another tab), you'll see buttons at the top of your Salesforce "View" to "Import to Apollo" or cover two bases in one click and "Add to Sequence" - you can then select any Sequence you've already made in Apollo.
* There's no downside to installing the extension, and keep in mind there's no option in Salesforce to export from a "View" without it.
However, you can go to "Reports" in Salesforce, run a report on a set of "Contacts" or "Leads", "Export Details" of that report as a "Comma delimited .csv" and then import that CSV in Apollo.
Import Using our API
With just a tad of development, you can also import leads or contacts through our API.
- Add lists of Contacts manually or program triggers to automatically add leads to Apollo as Contacts using our "Create a Contact" endpoint
- You can also import Leads directly into Sequences using our "Adding Contacts to Sequence" endpoint
If you've added your Contacts to Apollo but not any Sequences, check out our instructions for the couple of ways you can add Contacts to Sequences.
Article is closed for comments.