Simple Things to try if you Experience any Issues with our Chrome Extension
The Apollo Chrome Extension lets you and your teammates access key Apollo features directly within Gmail and LinkedIn. Since extensions are pieces of software that allow an application to be accessed as an overlay interface and transmit of data between multiple applications, they can experience a wide range of issues.
If you're Experiencing any Issues:
1. Make sure the Apollo extension is up-to-date by typing
chrome://extensions in your browser's address bar.
- Once there, click the "Developer Mode" toggle in the top right corner
- Then, click the "Update" button that appears up at the top
2. Make sure the Chrome browser itself is up-to-date by typing
chrome://settings/help in your browser's address bar. That page will either say you're up to date, or prompt you to update.
3. Go to
chrome://settings/content/cookies and double check that you aren't blocking of third-party cookies.
4.Try a (hard) refresh on your browser - this clears the browser's cache for a specific page. The shortcut for this is Command+Shift+R (Mac) OR Ctrl+F5 (PC).
5. Try clearing the entire browser's cache - you can do this within "Clear browsing data" on the left side of your Chrome History page. Too much cache built up can cause application and extension functionality issues.
6. Double check that only one instance of Apollo is open and that only one instance of Gmail or Salesforce is open (either in another tab or in another window).
7. Check what other extensions you have running in your Chrome Settings. We have seen some compatibility issues with particular extensions, and the reported list is currently:
- Salesforce IQ
- Persist IQ
Unfortunately, in situations like this there isn't anything that we can do to stop the interference. Our recommendation is to temporarily turn off or completely remove the interfering extension, whitelist the website you're having problems on (if the extension offers this functionality), or operate them in separate Chrome Profiles.
- Note: To test whether another extension is causing problems, navigate to
chrome://extensions, and give the Apollo extension permission to run in incognito mode:
- From there, open a new incognito window (command + shift + N in Chrome), log in to Apollo, and then log in to either Gmail or Salesforce to test whether the extension works. If it does, then that's a sign one of your other extensions is causing issues.
If those steps don't clear up the issue, please contact us below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.