Automatically sync contact and account data, activities, and/or update stale or inaccurate data in your HubSpot CRM.
What is it?
All HubSpot CRM users can now integrate their database with Apollo in a bidirectional sync.
What is it for?
Pull and push contact and account information between HubSpot and Apollo. If you change something in HubSpot, it will automatically update within Apollo and vice versa. All HubSpot users can now rest assured that their data remains up to date and that the days of continual manual entry are gone, thereby removing the risk of errors and returning valuable time.
How does it work?
To integrate Apollo with HubSpot:
Note: You can only link HubSpot if nobody else in your organization has linked Salesforce to your Apollo App
1. Head to Settings > Integrations > Hubspot
2. Sign in to the HubSpot account you want to link
Important Notes: 1) If a user's HubSpot account is not connected to Apollo, then we will only be able to sync record ownership if their email credentials are the same for both HubSpot and Apollo. 2) If you need to adjust the lifecycle stage of a contact to a previous stage, you can only do so within HubSpot on a manual, individual basis. You can read more about that from HubSpot here.
Configure your Integration Push Settings
All information pushes are automatically disabled, so first select the fields you would like to push from Apollo to Hubspot:
Once you enable contact push, you will be able to choose to push all new contacts or just new contacts within certain stages.
- To push contacts already within Apollo to HubSpot, click the "Push all Apollo Contacts to Hubspot Contacts" button
- All CSVs uploaded to Apollo will automatically push to HubSpot if contact push is enabled
- If contact push is disabled, no contacts will be pushed to HubSpot from Apollo.
Apollo will also push emails you send from a linked mailbox to Hubspot. You can specify which types of emails you would liked pushed:
Note: If you or your teammates are using the Apollo Chrome extension you can override the "Outgoing emails not sent within Apollo" option from your extension settings within Gmail.
Pushing Tasks, Notes, and Phone Calls
You can also push completed tasks, contact and account notes, and completed phone calls from Apollo to Hubspot:
Contact and Account Source Fields
Since Hubspot does not have an accessible default contact or account source field for Apollo to use, you can choose which Hubspot field you would like to sync this information to.
This setting defines if teammates can view contacts/accounts synced from HubSpot within Apollo searches
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Hubspot and toggle on/off the visibility of contacts or accounts then click Save
Note: This only affects the visibility of contacts/accounts, not if they are syncing.
HubSpot Mappings (Tab)
This tab is where you select how fields within Apollo are mapped to HubSpot and vice versa
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Hubspot > Mappings and map how Contact and Account Status syncs
- Choose which Hubspot field each Apollo Status maps to, and map out each value for those statuses
Which Default Fields Sync Between Apollo and Hubspot?
By default, these are the contact and account fields that we sync:
- Contact push Apollo > HubSpot: company, owner, first name, last name, email, title, phone, and address
- Account push Apollo > HubSpot: owner, name, address, phone, domain from account, and founded year
- Contact pull HubSpot > Apollo: company, owner, first name, last name, email, title, phone, and address
- Account pull HubSpot > Apollo: owner, name, address, phone, and website/domain
Mapping Custom Fields
If you would like to map to custom Apollo fields, you can do so under Settings > Contacts > Custom Fields for custom contact fields or Settings > Accounts > Custom Fields for custom account fields:
You can either choose to edit an existing custom field to add a Hubspot mapping, or create a new custom field and map to a Hubspot field:
Note: The data type of the field you create has to match to the data type of the field you're mapping to in Hubspot.
This tab is where you see any push/sync errors between the two platforms if they ever arise
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Hubspot > Errors
- Under any listed error, Apollo will tell you exactly what caused it
- If any error is "unknown", "exception", or "internal", contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can investigate the cause