Create and Assign Custom Territories for Sales Reps
What is it?
We have added territory management options to support clear guidelines for who reps can and cannot prospect within your rules of engagement.
What is it for?
Many sales teams are organized by territories. Apollo has made it easier to make sure reps don’t accidentally add or email prospects outside of whichever territories they're assigned. It's now much more intuitive for reps to stay in their territory and for managers to enforce these guidelines.
How does it work?
1. Navigate to Settings > Territories in the left-hand main menu
2. Here, you can create and save custom territories, similarly to how you would create filters for prospecting. You can then assign your new territories to your Apollo users (teammates). Once applied, reps will automatically have these filters in place whenever they prospect or email Contacts or Accounts.
- You can also manage all saved Territories from this page
Other Relevant Admin Settings
- In Settings > Users, you can see which Territories have been assigned to all of your reps
- For Admins: You can set whether or not your reps are able to change or turn off their own Territory filter while prospecting by navigating to Settings > Permissions Profiles and clicking a listed Permission Profile and configuring those options in the Territory Section.
How does it look for reps?
They’ll automatically see their new territories when they go to prospect new Contacts or Accounts.
Worried about GDPR?
Rather than use territories, we suggest using the features located in Settings > GDPR (detailed here), which were specifically designed to help with this.