Apollo Can Sync Contacts, Their Information, and Activities Related to Them
If you haven't already, first read our documentation on how Apollo Syncs with Salesforce in order to make sure everything is configured properly.
Salesforce Settings and Mappings
You can get an idea for how Apollo pushes information to Salesforce by viewing the settings tabs in Settings > Integrations > Salesforce -
- Note: The settings shown above are an example -- your own settings may vary.
Set the Lead/Contact Source for Records That Sync to SFDC
Go to Settings > Salesforce > Contacts > Salesforce Lead/Contact Source. This is the source you're saying you push from. Run a report on that in SFDC, and you'll see all the leads or contacts synced to date.
Information Apollo Sends to SFDC
The specific information synced with SFDC depends on your mappings and the Custom Fields you have setup. That said, this is the information we're currently able to sync.
- Phone number
- Organization name
- Lead/Contact source
- Person linkedin URL
- Custom Fields you may have synced and mapped to SFDC
Activities and Notes: Apollo logs all your calls, emails, and calendar activities to Salesforce under activities.
- Emails and content are logged under the contact they were sent to.
- Calls are logged with call notes and the logged call outcome. Notes and call recordings are logged in the comments of the call activity.
- Scheduled calendar appointments and cancellations are noted.
What About Record Ownership?
When Salesforce is connected to Apollo, we will automatically sync all record owners regardless of whether they are Apollo users. In this case, the "Owner" section for the specific contact or account will show the owner's Salesforce email, followed by a message that indicates they do not use Apollo.
Note, however, that it is not possible to manually set non-users as owners in Apollo (they can only be set and synced from Salesforce).