Easily Bulk-Import Accounts to Apollo via CSV
1. Navigate to Accounts in the left main menu and click the +Add button in the upper-right corner of the page
2. Select Bulk Import from CSV from the dropdown
- The only columns you absolutely need to have in your CSV are Account Name and Account Website (or domain) – Apollo enriches the rest of the information about the accounts!
3. Click the Select CSV File button
4. Select your CSV file from your computer to upload in the popup
5. Use the dropdown menus to map each of your CSV columns to the corresponding Apollo fields
6. Assign your Accounts to the Account Stage that best represents their current level of engagement – this is very important for being able to efficiently message your Accounts once they're in Apollo and being added to Engagement Sequences.
Alternatively, you can add a column to your CSV for account stage and specify the account stage you want each account to be set to upon import, which would make this step moot.
7. Choose whether or not to update existing records with information from the CSV.
- If you opt to update existing records in Apollo from your CSV, we'll only update records that have a matching account website (domain). You can also opt to skip it and not update the record.
8. Assign your Accounts to whichever of your Apollo Users (teammates) you want to Own them
- If you have Salesforce integrated with Apollo, be sure to select "Yes" in the Create people in Salesforce, if they do not exist to sync any new contacts from your CSV with Salesforce
9. Click Import
Uploading a CSV that is more than 10k rows is not advised, if you need to import more than that splitting the import up into smaller chunks is your best bet!
Your Contacts will now be added to Apollo!
On your Accounts page, click to show your Filters, scroll down to the CSV Import filter and click to expand it. Here you'll find a list of all CSV Account Imports you've ever done, and you can use the checkboxes to filter your Account list down to only Accounts imported from that file(s). You can then use the checkbox button to select some or all of those Accounts and click the Find Leads (magnifying glass icon) button that appears at the top-middle of the page once you have any accounts selected to prospect for new leads from those particular Accounts.