Easily Bulk-Import Accounts to Apollo via CSV
When importing accounts to Apollo, the only columns you absolutely need to have in your CSV are Account Name and Account Website (or Domain). With this, Apollo will enrich the rest of the information about the lead and their account.
- Navigate to the Companies page, in the left main menu.
- At the right upper corner, click on the +Add button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Bulk Import from CSV from the dropdown.
- Click the Select CSV File button.
- Select your CSV file from your computer to upload in the popup.
- Use the drop-down menus to map each of your CSV columns to the corresponding Apollo fields.
- For What stage would you like to set the accounts to?, assign your companies to the Account Stage that best represents their current level of engagement. This is very important for being able to efficiently message your accounts once they're in Apollo and being added to engagement Sequences.
- Alternatively, you can add a column to your CSV for Account Stage and specify the account stage you want each account to be set to upon import, which would make this step moot.
- If accounts already exist in Apollo, choose whether or not to update existing records with information from the CSV.
- If you opt to update existing records in Apollo from your CSV, we'll only update records that have a matching account website (domain). You can also opt to skip it and not update the record.
- If owner value is missing in your CSV, assign owner to, allows assigning the accounts to whichever of your Apollo Users (teammates) you want to Own them.
- If you have Salesforce integrated with Apollo, be sure to select "Yes" in the Create people in Salesforce, if they do not exist to sync any new accounts from your CSV with Salesforce.
- If existing accounts already have owner, choose whether or not to update existing ownership of existing accounts.
- If a contact is already in your database and has an owner, you have the option of updating that ownership to the teammate you assigned them or to leave them as is.
- Add to a List? Use this option to include all newly imported accounts on a list directly if needed.
- Enable the options for Intelligent Enrichment, to update as much information as found in our database for the accounts you're uploading.
- Once you're done, click on Import.
Important Note: Depending on your import's size and the state of our app, it may take a couple of hours to finish uploading. That said, uploading a CSV that is more than 10k rows is not advised. If you need to import more than that, then splitting the import up into smaller chunks is your best bet.
You can verify the status of your import by going to Settings > Imports & Exports > Account Import.
Searching for Imported Accounts
Over the Companies page, at the Filters section, click on More Filters, and find Account CSV Import. There, you'll find a list of all CSV accounts imports you've ever done, and you can filter down to only Accounts imported from a specific file(s). You can then select the accounts listed, using the checkbox located at the column header, and by clicking on the Find People button you'll be redirected to the People page, where you can prospect new leads from those particular Accounts imported.