Lists Allow You to Categorize Contacts and Accounts for Easy Filtering and Engagement
Anytime you select a contact, buttons will appear at the top of the UI that allow you to take actions on them. If you select the 'List' button, you'll be able to add them to lists -
From the modal that appears you'll be able to select lists that already exist or create a brand new one to add them to (shown below) -
Go to the Contacts page and click the cog icon next to the 'Contact Lists' filter -
This will bring you to a page where you can create, edit, and delete Lists -
Adding Lists to Contacts or Accounts
- Go to the Contacts page or Accounts page
- Select the customers or accounts you want to add to a List, either individually or by using the filters in the left hand menu. You can use the Checkbox dropdown to bulk select
- Once at least one contact or account has been selected, find the List button that appears at the top of the UI and click Add to Lists
- In the modal that appears, you can create a new list by typing its name, clicking the Create new list "your_list" dropdown, and then clicking Add to List to finish
- You can also add existing lists by typing their names or selecting them in the dropdown, and then clicking Add Lists
- You can now search for these lists in the filtering sections of the Contacts and Accounts pages.
Note, however, that you do not have to be in the Contacts/Accounts pages to add or create lists. These are just the common starting points. When a contact/account has been selected in a list, you can generally add lists by using the buttons that appear at the top of the UI. When viewing a contact/account profile, however, you can add lists by clicking the Edit button to the right of the 'Lists' field, shown at the far right of the profile.
Example list Categories
- Target market
- Where you met
- Contacts to name drop
- Accounts made into case studies
Example Use Cases
- Listing contacts/accounts to receive information about attending a webinar
- Listing contacts/accounts by who has been made into case studies, or any other classification useful to your team.
You can see what lists a contact or account is in just by looking under their name:
Removing Contacts and Accounts from Lists
If you need to remove contacts or accounts from list you can select them in the same way you would when adding them, and then choose "Remove from Lists" (the process is the same for accounts, but you do this on the Accounts page instead):