Create Tasks to Help Engage With Your Leads in a Timely Manner
How to Set Up a Task
1. As a Step in a Sequence
- Go to your desired Sequence
- Click the Add a Step button in the top right
- Select the desired type of step from the Step Type dropdown - "Manual Email", "Phone Call", and "Action Item" will all schedule tasks when a contact has reached that step
- Set your time to wait
- Click the Add button
2. Set a Call Task After a Number of Opens / Trigger Event
You can set a call task to be scheduled if a contact opens your email in a sequence more than a specified number of times.
- Go to Sequences and select the desired sequence
- Go to the Settings tab, in the top left
- Underneath the Triggers section you have
"Create a phone call task if an active contact opens an email at least [ # ] times."
- Add the number of opens after which you'd like to have a call task scheduled
- Click Save at the bottom of the Settings page
3. Create a Manual, One-off Task from the Tasks page
- Go to Tasks in the left main menu
- Click the New Task button in the top right
- Click the Create button once you've set up the details of your task
4. Create a Manual, One-off Task from a Contact or Account profile
- Head to the profile page of a contact or account, by clicking on their name
- Navigate to the "Activities" tab
- Click "Create Task"
5. Create tasks for multiple Contacts or Accounts
- Head to the Contacts or Accounts page from the left main menu
- Select the contacts or accounts you want to create tasks for
- Click "More" and then select "Create tasks"