Effectively Test Different Versions of Your Messaging
How does it work?
Let's say you created a sequence, and step 1 has 2 templates; template A and template B. When you place contacts into a sequence, Apollo sends about half the contacts in your sequence template A and the other half to template B.
As your prospects open, click, ignore or reply to your emails, you can see which template returns the best results, ie. higher reply rate, open rate, appointments, and less bounce rate.
How do I do it?
- Head to Sequences in the left main menu
- Click the Add a Sequence button in the top right
- Then, click the Add a Step button in the top right
- Select Automatic Email: Emails are delivered automatically from the Step Type dropdown menu in the modal
- Set your time to wait and click the Add button to add your step. You’ll see that the step has been added to your sequence.
- Create your first template. Click on the template "a.) New Thread" to edit template
- Keep your language as targeted and concise as possible. Create common ground between you and your contact, and get to the point of how this will be valuable to them. For tips to write your most successful cold email, read this article.
- Click Save to save your template.
- Then, click Add Template at the bottom of that same step to create template B
- Make sure to have both versions convey the same basic message overall, you want to be testing differences in language and delivery to see what resonates better with your audience
- Save your template when complete
- Repeat on other steps as necessary
When your emails go out and you get outcomes from the sequence, you can see what language most successfully converts prospects. Apply this knowledge to your future communications to improve messaging and boost growth.