People are constantly changing positions and companies. To keep your Apollo database up-to-date, we've built Job Change Triggers so you can see exactly which of your Contacts have changed jobs and update their profiles with all their new company information in a single click.
How to Update or Create New Contacts from Job Changes
From Any Contact List
1. Navigate to the Contacts page in the the left main menu, or any other page that lists Contacts (such as Accounts > Select an Account > Contacts tab of that Account; Sequences > Select a Sequence > Contacts tab of your Sequence)
2. Look out for the orange "new job" badge listed next to the name of any Contact for whom our system has detected a new position
2. Click the "new job" badge
3. This will open a modal that lists exactly what company the Contact left as well as their new position and new company:
4. Dismiss the new job notification if you do not want to update the contact now or in the future with the job change we're showing. Choose Update Existing Contact if you want our system to update that Contact's Apollo profile with their new position and company information, keeping all your historical activities with that Contact on one profile. Choose Create New Contact if you prefer to leave the existing (out-of-date) Contact profile separate for your records (in which case, be sure to update the Contact Stage to one that indicates that particular usage) and create a new, distinct Contact Profile for that person's new position and company - warning: in that case, all the activities from their previous position/company will be on the first profile, and the new profile will start with a brand new activity list.
From Job Change Alerts
1. Navigate to the Job Change Alerts page in the left main menu
2. Select your relevant Contacts using the Checkbox selector button at the top of the page
3. Once you have any Contact selected, click the Job Change Actions button that appears at the top of the page to reveal your options to Update existing contact (with the new job info) or Create new contact (from the new job info, leaving their existing contact profile intact in addition to the new profile).
You can also do this by clicking into an individual contact and click the option "Create new contact" in the top right Changed Job alert.
As a practice, Apollo creates new contacts for job changes because we like to keep the original Contact profiles (prior to the job change) for historical analysis and have our Salesforce settings configured to automatically create new SFDC Contacts when new Apollo Contacts are created, but you may prefer to update existing contacts if that's less a priority for your business than keeping your contact database as lightweight as possible.
How to Add a Custom Field to Indicate a Contact has Left a Company
At Apollo, we also like to mark contacts as" left company" when they've been updated with a checkbox custom field. You can do this from Apollo and automatically update in Salesforce if your Apollo App is integrated with SFDC and you create a custom field on their end to match.
1. Navigate to Settings > Contacts > Fields and create a Custom Contact Field
2. Choose the type of custom field and name it
3. Choose the Lead or Contact field to sync your new custom field to in Salesforce
Article is closed for comments.