Definitions For All the Values of our Email Status Filter
Verified: a fully-confirmed, valid email address. Whether by automatic or manual means, we've completed verification of that email and granted it to your account.
- If you import your own Contacts with email addresses via CSV and/or through our integrations with Salesforce/Hubspot, we also assume the emails to be verified
Pending Manual Verification: when you request Leads from Apollo, many emails are automatically verified by our system within a few hours and added to your account as Contacts. Any emails that can't be automatically verified are placed into this status while our research team attempts to manually verify them, a process that takes 24-48 hours. You receive an email notification when the process is complete.
- An email address can be in both Pending Manual Verification and Guessed Statuses at the same time since we're often able to return Guessed emails for Contacts while we attempt to manually verify them. When the verification is complete, those Contacts will be updated with either a fully-verified email, or we'll give you the guessed email address, including our level of confidence in it, without charging you a Lead Credit.
Guessed: if we're unable to fully verify an email address for any individual Lead you've requested but we've found multiple pieces of evidence suggesting what their email probably is, we'll give it to you as a Guessed email, free of charge
- You are NOT charged Lead Credits for Guessed emails
- We only return Guessed emails if we have more than 50% confidence they're correct, and you can filter by our level of confidence to, for instance, only send to Guessed emails with greater than 90% confidence
Bounced: whenever you send an email to an address that "hard bounces" - i.e. is returned to our sending system in a manner that confirms that email address no longer exists, we update that email status to Bounced
- This happens very rarely with verified emails you've requested from Apollo, typically only when that Contact changes jobs/companies. If it happens within 30 days of purchasing an email from us, we automatically refund that Lead Credit.
- If you import your own Contacts with email addresses via CSV and/or through our integrations with Salesforce/Hubspot and then any emails you send them bounce, we place those Contacts in this email status to indicate their email address has likely changed. You can then use Apollo Lead Credits to "Enrich (their) Email" from our database.
No Email: sometimes we're unable to verify an email for a Lead you've requested or guess it with high confidence, so we return No Email and do not charge you a Lead Credit
- An email address can be in both Pending Manual Verification and No Email statuses at the same time. Once manual verification is complete, we'll either update the Contact with a fully-verified email, give you a Guessed email for free if we have one, or confirm no email can currently be returned and automatically refund that Lead Credit.
- If you import your own Contacts without email addresses via CSV and/or through our integrations with Salesforce/Hubspot, we place them in this Status, and you can use Apollo Lead Credits to "Enrich (their) Email" from our database
- How do Data Requests Work?
- How to Filter Contacts by Email Status