While it is possible to store multiple email addresses on a single contact, only one email address can be used to reach out to them, which is the standard "email" field. Any other email addresses would need to be stored as custom fields. If you wanted to use those emails stored as custom fields you'd need to replace the standard "email" field with those other addresses to make Apollo email that address, as we only ever send email to that standard field.
Articles in this section
- What Happens if a Contact Exists in my CRM and Apollo and I Link my CRM?
- Why Do I See Contacts That I Didn't Add to Apollo?
- What Happens to Corporate and Work Phone Numbers When a Contact’s Company/Account Changes?
- Company Name Vs. Associated Account Name for a Contact
- Someone Responded to My Email, Why Can't I Find Them in My Contacts?
- How Do We Associate SFDC Leads with Accounts in Apollo?
- Why Can't I See More Than 100 Pages at Once?
- Does Apollo Support Special Characters?
- How Long Does it Take a CSV to Upload?
- Can I Have More than One Email for a Contact?