As part of the Salesforce integration, you have the option to synchronize the Activities that occur in Apollo (Emails, Notes, Tasks, Calls, and Meetings), allowing you to house the most detail on your relationship with every given Lead, Contact, and Account in your CRM.
This article contains the following sections:
- Activities Settings
- Push Settings for Emails
- Push Settings for Notes, Tasks, and Calls
- Push Settings for Meetings
- Customize your Activities Subject Line
To push Activities from Apollo to Salesforce, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings page.
- Click on the Integrations option
- Find Salesforce and click on the View button on the right-hand side.
- At the Push Records (Apollo > Salesforce) section, click on the View button at the right-hand side.
- Click the Activities, Tasks, Meetings, and Notes tab.
Push Settings for Emails
Over the Emails section of the page, you'll be able to synchronize the incoming and outgoing emails shared with your Contacts and Leads, and can separate what's synced based on the source they are sent from (e.g. Apollo or Gmail). You can also enable the option to push emails even if the sender or recipient doesn't exist in Salesforce, which will auto-create the Contacts in Salesforce.
Push Settings for Notes, Tasks, and Calls
Enable whether or not you would like to synchronize to Salesforce the Notes, Tasks, and Calls created over Apollo.
Push Settings for Meetings / Calendar Events
The first option in this section allows you to synchronize Meetings or Calendar Events created over Apollo, and the second option allows you to push events even if the participants don't exist in Salesforce. Enabling this option will auto-create the missing contacts in Salesforce.
Customize your Activities Subject Line
In this section, you're able to customize the subject line of activities sent to Salesforce. This applies to Emails, Tasks, and Calls specifically, as well as what Activity Types are logged to Salesforce, so you can build the reports you need.
For example, if you'd like to build a report to show what Sequence led to most of your Interested Leads, you can make it so Apollo syncs the name of the Sequence along with the Activity itself.
To customize the subject title for the activities pushed to Salesforce, choose the activity you would like to edit - Emails, Tasks, or Calls - and click on the gear icon next to it.
- At the Advanced Settings window, click the checkbox for Customize Title to allow this option to be modified.
- Over the Title Template field, you can enter different custom snippets to add to your logged activities subject line. See the available options below:
Here's an example of how the subject line of an activity would look like when pushed from Apollo to Salesforce.