If You're Experiencing Issues with Our In-App Dialer, Try These Steps First
1. Hard refresh your browser. This clears the browser's cache for a specific page, and will often fix intermittent issues with the dialer. The keyboard shortcuts for this are:
- Command+Shift+R (Mac) OR
- Ctrl+F5 (PC)
3. Confirm that you have given Apollo permission to use your microphone by navigating to
chrome://settings/content/microphone in a Chrome tab and ensuring
https://www.apollo.io:443 is listed under the "Allow" section -
https://www.apollo.io:443 is listed under the "Block" section, it means that you've blocked Apollo from accessing your microphone. To unblock, you'd need to remove
https://www.apollo.io:443 by using the trash icon directly to the right.
https://www.apollo.io:443 isn't listed in either section, it means that you haven't given Apollo permission to your microphone yet. Follow these instructions to grant access to Apollo:
- Turn on the switch for "Ask before accessing (recommended)" in
2. Navigate to the Apollo app
3. Make a call using the app's dialer (it can be to yourself or a colleague)
4. When you see a pop-up from Google requesting microphone access (shown below), click on Allow -
Additional Troubleshooting Steps
If your issue isn't resolved by a hard refresh and/or granting Apollo access to your microphone, try checking these additional common call-issue-culprits:
1. Make sure Google Chrome is up-to-date by typing
chrome://settings/help in the browser's address bar. The page that follows will either say you're up to date, or prompt you to update and relaunch.
2. If Google Chrome is up-to-date and a hard refresh doesn't resolve the issue, try completely restarting it next. Make sure to save whatever work you are doing and first, and then quit/relaunch the browser.
3. Double check that only one instance of Apollo is open in Chrome.
4. Check what other extensions you have running in your Chrome Settings. We have seen some compatibility issues with particular extensions, and the reported list is currently:
- Salesforce IQ
- Persist IQ
Unfortunately, in situations like this there isn't anything that we can do to stop the interference. Our recommendation is to temporarily turn off or completely remove the interfering extension, whitelist the website you're having problems on (if the extension offers this functionality), or operate them in separate Chrome Profiles.
- Note: To test whether another extension is causing problems, navigate to
chrome://extensions, and give the Apollo extension permission to run in incognito mode -
- From there, open a new incognito window (command + shift + N in Chrome), log in to Apollo, and then log in to either Gmail or Salesforce to test whether the extension works. If it does, then that's a sign one of your other extensions is causing issues.
If those steps don't clear up the issue, please contact us through the (?) Support widget below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.