Our New GDPR SafeGuard Settings Ensure Nobody on Your Team Accidentally Takes Action on People in the EU
These features will help prevent you from messaging people that you're not prepared to prospect, email, and/or track email activities for.
You can now:
- Block contacts located in the EU while prospecting
- Disable email tracking for prospects located in the EU
- Block ability to sequence prospects located in the EU
In order to enable these three features, you will need to be a part of your team's default Admin permissions set (permissions are detailed here). If you are in any other permissions set, you will not be able to configure your app's GDPR settings. All admins can enable/disable these features from Settings > GDPR -
The three switches shown above allow you to automatically remove all EU-located individuals from your Prospecting, emailing, and/or email tracking activities, respectively, in Apollo. Each setting is further detailed below.
- Note: All three settings are optional, and it's up to you as the "Controller" of the data that Apollo provides to determine your usage of these additional controls
- All three settings function on an app-wide basis, meaning they apply to all Users (teammates) with logins to your Apollo App
Forbid Prospecting of People in the European Union
Once activated, the Prospecting safeguard will display a banner for all your users on the Prospecting page to be clear why you won't have any search results including people in the EU. Currently, you cannot close out this banner to ensure that all your users remain aware that the safeguard is on -
Forbid Email Sending to People in the European Union
If you have any Contacts in the EU that get added to a Sequence, etc. once you have the email-sending safeguard activated, those Contacts/Emails will go into the "Not Sent" status (accessible in your Sequence Email/Contact stats or the Outbox page of your Apollo App) under a new "Not Sent" reason specific to the safeguard -
Forbid Tracking on Emails Sent to People in the European Union
Finally, if you continue to email Contacts in the EU (which is absolutely up to you) and activate the email tracking safeguard, you'll see a clear red icon in the place of our typical (green) email tracking icons, indicating those emails are not being tracked, and if you roll over that icon, you'll see a tooltip explaining exactly why.
(Example message intended for a contact located in the EU) -
- Note: Email tracking is only configurable if you have our extension installed (downloadable here and detailed here), and can be generally enabled/disabled from Settings > You > General.
- If you do not have our extension installed then all messages will be tracked by default -- unless you have the GDPR safeguard enabled.