Find your ideal prospects in the Apollo Database!
A strong sales funnel begins with specific people who have specific problems. Even while you're trying to establish PMF, creating smart hypotheses, and testing them out, Apollo will help you evolve and optimize to reach your growth goals.
Use 30+ smart filters to request direct dial and email information for contacts that are most likely to understand and buy into your value. The more targeted you can be with your prospecting, the easier it'll be to funnel prospects into sequences or campaigns with targeted, personalized, and persuasive messaging that speaks to their industry's or department's values.
This article contains the following sections:
- Go to People in the Apollo platform
- Identify your (ICP) Ideal Customer Profile
- Build + Save Your Searches
- Build Personas for People
- Request Leads
- Track Data Requests
1. Go to People in the Apollo platform
2. Identify your (ICP) Ideal Customer Profile
Start by figuring out which companies make up the bulk of your revenue or closed-won deals? Or, if you are an earlier stage company; what kinds of companies would most benefit from and understand your product? Or, to make it even easier, link your Salesforce or Hubspot CRM and analyze your success in Analytics.
3. Build + Save Your Searches
When you identify the companies that are most likely to have employees who understand and value your product offerings, use our 30+ smart prospecting filters to thoughtfully pursue people at the right companies, so your leads are more likely to convert into happy customers.
Build out a group of filters for each account tier or type, so you can prospect for them separately for easy list building. Make sure you keep your searches specific, because the messaging you use for outreach should be distinct and tailored to the different types of leads you are targeting.
Once you have selected who you're looking for, click on the Save button, on the left-hand side, next to the Filters header, to save your search and make it easier to come back to the filters that best fit your needs. You can find your previously saved searches above the filter list.
4. Build Personas for People
Once you've filtered for companies that are good-fit potential customers, use the Personas filter to segment for your decision-makers and deal influencers by titles.
For example, you may ideally sell to Hiring Managers or HR Leaders within companies that are a good fit for you. So, you may have 2 different personas:
- C-level HR leaders: CHRO, Chief Human Resources Officer, CPO, Chief People Ops, Head of Talent, Chief of Talent…
- Recruiters: Lead Recruiter, Talent & Recruiting Manager, Head of Recruiting, Principal Recruiter…
You want to create separate Personas for each type of contact, because each Persona, vertical, or title has unique problems they need to solve. It's easier to convert those prospects to opportunities if you speak directly to their specific values. Having distinct Personas allows you to seamlessly funnel leads into targeted & persuasive email campaigns or sequences.
Check out our Best Practices for Creating Personas.
5. Request Leads
Now it's time to request your prospects' direct dial and email information!
First, select your prospecting filters from your Saved Searches.
Then, go to More Filters, and apply your Persona filter.
And lastly, select and request leads by saving the contacts. You can select leads either (a) in bulk or (b) individually. Once they're selected, click on Save.
When you choose to save a lead, you'll be purchasing their contacting information (verified email or direct dial) and this information will cost you Credits (which are a currency in Apollo to request contact information).
Then, you'll be able to choose what to do from the different options that Apollo offers:
- Add to List: Purchases the selected Leads and adds them to your Contacts on a list that is used to organize them.
- Add to Sequence: Purchases the selected Leads, adds them to your Contacts, and then adds them directly to whichever engagement Sequence you select.
- Assign Owner: Purchases the selected Leads and assigns them to whichever Apollo teammate (user) you select.
- Direct Dials: Purchases the selected Leads and reveals any of the direct dials available for the Contact.
- Export as CSV: Purchases the selected Leads and exports them in a CSV file.
6. Track Data Requests
You'll receive a verification email when your Leads are added to your account. If any Leads fail our verification, we don't charge you a Lead Credit for them, but if it's available we will still give you their guessed email, free of charge, in case you would still like to contact them. You can also find your data requests under Settings > Data Request History.
Comprehensive Training Seminar on Prospecting