Manage All of Your Deals in One Place
Opportunities are records that you can use to track possible deals with your prospective customers. These, in addition to people and company records, enable users to manage their entire sales pipeline directly within Apollo. This allows them to engage prospects in more meaningful ways, keep track of everything in one place, and move deals faster. Opportunities can be associated with both companies and people in Apollo, and can also be synced to or from Salesforce (opportunity sync for HubSpot users is coming soon).
Who Should Use Opportunities?
- Gain visibility on current or historical opportunities in order to help guide contextual conversations at both the individual and account level.
- Having a seamless workflow around contacts, accounts, and opportunities eliminates having to navigate multiple applications (Apollo, SFDC) to access and update critical data as the sales cycle progresses.
- Given that Apollo also allows you to send and track messages, you can easily add contextual information to your opportunities - thereby ensuring things are recorded for posterity.
- Opportunities give you a full view into your sales funnel, from top to bottom.
The Opportunities Page
To use the Opportunities page, click on the icon in the left main menu, which will then direct you to the page shown below:
Here, you will see any opportunities that were created within Apollo, as well as any opportunities that have synced from Salesforce (we are not yet able to sync Opportunities from HubSpot). This page allows you to filter your opportunities by both their information, and the information of the accounts they belong to.
To change or rearrange the information in the table (amount, stage, etc.), click the icon found at the top right, next to the + Add Opportunity button.
Creating an Opportunity
There are three places in Apollo that offer the button: the Opportunities page, account profiles, and contact profiles. Clicking this button in any of these locations will bring you to the same opportunity-creation form, which allows you to set the following information:
- Opportunity Stage
- Close Date
- Custom Fields (created from here)
For reference, the different locations of the +Add Opportunity button are shown below:
The Opportunities Page
- Note: Creating an opportunity from an account's profile will automatically cause that account to populate within the new opportunity's "Account" field (e.g. "Edge Communications").
- Note: Creating an opportunity from a contact's profile will not automatically cause that contact to be added to the opportunity's People tab (shown in the next section). It will, however, automatically cause that contact's account to be populated within the new opportunity's "Account" field (e.g. "Edge Communications").
Viewing and Editing an Opportunity
Opportunity profiles will show all of their descriptive information on the right-hand side, and also have two tabs that you can leverage, named Activities and People:
The People tab is used to both view and add contact roles for an opportunity. This tab and contact roles are described in more detail in the "Opportunity Contact Roles" section (found below).
The Activities tab will show you the creation source of an opportunity, as well as any information that is updated. If you are integrated with Salesforce and the given opportunity is synced there (indicated by the cloud icon/button found underneath the opportunity's name), then this feed will list any updates that come from Salesforce as well. Activities related to an opportunity can also be found in the Activities tab of the account that the opportunity is linked to.
To edit an opportunity's information, click the button found at the top right of its profile. To delete it, click the triangle next to the Edit button and select Delete. If you are integrated with Salesforce and the opportunity you're viewing is synced to it, then any edits will also be reflected on the opportunity in Salesforce.
- Important note about Salesforce sync for opportunities: While edits can sync bidirectionally with Salesforce, deleting opportunities in Apollo will not cause them to be deleted in Salesforce, and vice versa.
To view a detailed log of an opportunity's sync history, click the triangle next to the Edit button and select CRM Sync History. This will show you a log like the one found below:
Opportunity Contact Roles
Outside of general descriptive information, opportunities in Apollo can also have people associated with them. For example, if there's a specific contact that is the decision maker for an opportunity, then you can view them by using the opportunity's People tab:
The resulting page will show you which people are in a contact role for the opportunity, and will also list their titles, roles (as they relate to the opportunity), and who the primary contact is, if applicable.
- Note: Only one person can be the primary contact for a given opportunity, and setting it is not required.
Click the button to add, remove, or change who is associated with an opportunity. You can also use this button to edit the role(s) of any listed contacts and set the primary contact, if applicable:
If the given opportunity is synced with Salesforce, then any contacts added to this section will be reflected under the Salesforce opportunity as well (and vice versa). The same goes for edits* to existing contacts under an opportunity.
- Important notes about Salesforce sync for Contact Roles:
- *Removing (not editing) a person in the People tab of an opportunity will not cause them to be removed from the opportunity in Salesforce.
- Unlike Apollo, Salesforce does not allow the same contact to have multiple contact roles listed. Instead, any contacts with multiple roles will appear multiple times (once for each role) underneath the Contact Roles section of a Salesforce Opportunity.