With Zapier, you can connect and sync data between Apollo and any other Zapier-supported apps, such as Slack, Google Sheets, TypeForm, Pipedrive, Zoho CRM, and many more. To see all of the integrations you can create through Zapier, be sure to visit this page and search for any apps you would like to connect:
Triggers and actions are events that happen in the products you use. Zapier works by allowing you to create "Zaps" that combine a trigger from one product, with an action in another. Whenever the trigger event occurs, Zapier automatically completes the action for you.
Thanks to the Apollo <> Zapier integration, we now have Apollo-based events (detailed below) that you can use to connect with any other Zapier apps.
Supported Apollo Actions
- Create Contact - Create a new contact record in Apollo.
- Update Contact - Update an existing contact record in Apollo.
- Create Account - Create a new account record in Apollo.
- Update Account - Update an existing account record in Apollo.
- Create Opportunity - Create a new opportunity record in Apollo.
- Update Opportunity - Update an existing opportunity record in Apollo.
- Create Task - Create a new task in Apollo.
Supported Apollo Triggers
- New Contact - Triggers when a new contact is created in Apollo.
- Contact Updated - Triggers when an existing contact is updated in Apollo.
- New Account - Triggers when a new account is created in Apollo.
- Account Updated - Triggers when an existing account is updated in Apollo.
Support Apollo Searches
- Find Contact - Find a contact in your Apollo instance by email. If you have multiple contacts with the same email address, this search returns the contact created first.
Find or Create Contact - Find a contact in your Apollo instance by email, and create them if they don't exist. If you have multiple contacts with the same email address, this search returns the contact created first.
How to Connect Apollo to Your Zapier Account
1. To connect Apollo with Zapier, you’ll need to log in to Zapier, go to your My Apps page (shown below), and then click Add connection:
2. Next, search for and select the Apollo app connection:
3. On the page that follows (shown below), you will need to enter your Apollo account's API key (found here), provide a name for the connection, and then click Yes, Continue:
4. If authentication with your Apollo account is successful, Zapier will show a message that says "New connection added":
How to Create a Zap
You can create your own Zaps on Zapier by following this guide. For reference, the rough flow for creating an Apollo Zap is shown below. For this example, we will show how to create a Zap that automatically creates new contacts in Apollo whenever they are created in Pipedrive.
1. To get started, click the Make a Zap button in your Zapier account:
2. Select an app that you want your trigger to be based on (e.g. Pipedrive):
3. Select the trigger that you want to use. Because we want to create records in Apollo when they are created in Pipedrive, this example would call for selecting Pipedrive's "New Person" trigger. After you've selected your trigger, click Continue:
4. This will then prompt you to log in to your Pipedrive account (not shown). Once completed, click Continue again:
5. To make sure it's working properly, the final step of trigger setup will prompt you to test it. If the test is successful, you will see something like this:
- Note: In order for this to work, Zapier will need to find a recently created contact in Pipedrive.
6. Clicking Continue will then move you to the Action setup (shown below), where you can search for Apollo:
- Note: If you have not requested and received an invitation to the Apollo Zapier integration, then you will not see this option appear in the search.
7. Once Apollo has been selected, find the "Create Contact" action in the dropdown (shown below) and click Continue:
7. In the next section, select your Apollo account if you've already connected it, and connect it now if not (detailed in this article under "How to Connect Apollo to Your Zapier Account"). Click Continue when complete:
8. In the step that follows, you will need to select Pipedrive fields that correspond to the required Apollo fields, as shown below. This will allow us to create contacts in Apollo with the exact same information that Pipedrive has. Click Continue once you're finished:
9. Next, click Test & Continue to make sure that you have set up the Zap correctly:
10. Finally, if everything is working, you will see a message that says "Test was successful!". You can now turn on your Zap and automatically create contacts in Apollo whenever they are created in Pipedrive:
If you need support with the integration, you can visit Zapier’s help center or contact them here.
If you have other products you would like to see integrated please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.